Add Value to Everything You Do
“If you care at all, you’ll get some results. If you care enough, you’ll get incredible results.” Jim Rohn
Want to get ahead? Approach every activity, even the mundane, determined to add value. Whether it’s your business, customers, stakeholders, vendors, bosses, peers, or subordinates, everything you strive to do should be a Herculean effort to make it the best it can be—resolve to never settle for less. Be in the top 1% of all performers, it’s not as difficult as you might think—the other 99% just want to get the job done and move on. Be on the lookout for opportunities to improve things. Even if it’s not broken, ten to one there’s room for improvement; make the continuous-improvement process a daily activity—a habit.
On the other hand, there’s too much non-value-added activity in business—it’s a miracle some businesses survive it. Look at a big company’s organization chart; most of them look like an abstruse map of London’s Underground, with its maze of 275 stations. There are more VPs reporting to VPs than there are ants at the company picnic. How much value do you think they add? While you’re looking to add value, try to eradicate what doesn’t add value. Don’t stand by and do nothing—you’re not a tree.
Ken Tasch is the inventor of the LAUNCH™ Selling and Business Capture System: a simple and easy way to significantly increase the odds of winning new business.
I retired from over 40 years of starting my own businesses and managing businesses for corporations. My goal now is to help others succeed and grow to be everything they want to be; to give back and share my life experience.